On cold and grey November days soups are the perfect way to warm your body from the inside. And this soup will also boost your energy level as it contains only healthy ingredients.
For 2-3 portions you will need:
- 1/2 onion, cut into small peices
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into thin slices
- 250g broccoli and cauliflower florets
- 1 medium potato, peeled and cut into smaller pieces
- 1 vegetable bouillon cube
- 1/4 lemon
- salt, pepper
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- In a large pot, heat up the olive oil. Once hot, add the onion and garlic and fry for a couple of minutes.
- Add the zucchini, potato, broccoli and cauliflower florets. Stir everything for another 5 minutes.
- Pour in about half a litre of water and add the bouillon cube. Cook everything for 10-15 minutes.
- Using a blender, blend everything well and heat for another 5 minutes stirring occasionally.
- At the end, season it with salt and pepper and add the juice of 1/4 lemon.
- Serve with bread.
I had my soup with a “Le Pain Quotidien” Hazelnut Flute and topped it off with a leaf of baby spinach and some Parmesan.