To be honest I can’t take 100% credit for this recipe. I can’t take any credit really. My brother told me that one of his friends showed him that salmon can be poached. I love this recipe because it doesn’t take very long, 3-5 minutes is all you need. And some tamari, and you’ve got yourself some delicious tasting salmon.
Tamari-Drizzled Poached Salmon
You will need:
- Salmon filets (fresh or defrosted)
- About 1 litre of water
- 2 tbsp. Olive Oil
- Bring a large pot of water to boil.
- Lower the heat and add a pinch of salt and the olive oil.
- Put the salmon into the hot water and cook for 3-5 minutes. Be careful not to boil the salmon as it may fall apart in the water.
- Place the salmon on a plate and drizzle with tamari. You can also season it to your taste (I sprinkled some mild chilli powder on mine)
- Serve with vegetables or salad and brown rice or any other grains that you like.
I had baby spinach with tamari-roasted seeds and leftover bulgur from last night with my salmon.